The Sun is the most powerful and abundant natural energy resource in the universe. It emits high-energy radiation that is capable of generating heat, causing chemical reactions, or generating electricity.
About 30% of the sunlight that reaches Earth’s surface is reflected away by our atmosphere, leaving about 70% available for harvesting. This means that if we could find a way to convert it into usable energy, we would have a clean, renewable source of power that wouldn’t contribute to global warming.
Unlike fossil fuels, which are finite and emit greenhouse gases into the atmosphere, solar energy is infinitely renewable. As the Sun’s output continues to increase, we are likely to see a greater dependence on solar energy in the coming years.
Solar technology can capture this vast supply of solar energy to provide power for homes, businesses, and farms. Solar technology has evolved and improved over the years, enabling more efficient and cost-effective ways to harness the sun’s power.
Photovoltaic panels are a popular and economical form of solar power for use on home roofs. These thin-film solar cells use a layer of semiconductor material to convert light into electrical energy.
Anti-reflective coatings on the front and back of solar cells prevent useful light from being reflected back into space without hitting an electron in the cell. This allows more light to be collected and absorbed by the photovoltaic cells.
These technologies are a good choice for homeowners and businesses alike, as they can help reduce electricity costs while also helping to conserve energy. Additionally, many solar systems can qualify for state-level incentives and rebates.
Email: [email protected]